Ready to get started?
To apply into the first year of the Diploma or Degree programs in Exercise & Wellness, you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
Effective date: September 2018
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
During the course of the program, you will be required to:
- Obtain certification from two sport, coaching and/or fitness licensing programs.*
- Submit a lifestyle questionnaire and health related fitness assessment that will identify your current level of fitness and will support your future development. The questionnaire will provide individual baseline data and assessments will assist in the measurement of your progress over the course of the program.
- Sustain an optimal level of fitness (relative to your abilities) throughout the duration of the program.
- Obtain valid certificates for CPR (Health Care Provider) and Standard First Aid. You'll have the opportunity to obtain these during the program.*
- Criminal Record Check: During this program, you may be working with children and/or vulnerable adults. In order to participate in work integrated learning experiences, such as a practicum or work term, you will need to complete a criminal record check through the Ministry of Public Safety & Solicitor General for Camosun College. Camosun will email you with information on how to complete the Criminal Record Check (CRC) process. You are responsible for all associated costs.
- Participate in field-based instruction in a variety of environmental conditions.
*You will be responsible for all additional costs associated with these requirements.
Note: ENGL 151 will require English 12 with a C+ or higher as a pre-requisite. Students may enter this program with a C in English 12, but must complete one of the English courses listed above or successfully complete a Camosun assessment to meet the prerequisite for ENGL 151.
Program completion requirements:
You will require a minimum 3.0 GPA ("C+") to graduate from the program.
Diploma in Exercise & Wellness, Internship Designation
You must obtain a 'COM' or complete with distinction 'DST' in the Internship term (EXW 101/101P)
Sport & Fitness Leadership - Exercise & Wellness Degree, Internship Designation
You must obtain a 'COM' or complete with distinction 'DST' in the Internship term SFL401
For more information on Internships go to the Co-operative Education and Career Services page: Co-op Student InfoApply online
Missing admission requirements?
Exercise & Wellness Access is a four-month program, offered every January, to help you meet the admission requirements for the Exercise & Wellness Diploma and Degree programs.
You'll have an opportunity to upgrade your math, English and biology courses; gain credit for one course towards your diploma or degree; and get a reserved seat in the next intake of your destination program.
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student