Employment Training & Preparation
- schedule and complete an intake interview with the Chair of Employment Training and Preparation (ETP), David Greig, 250–370–3845
- have the ability to perform all program-related tasks that require specific physical skills to effectively carry out the work experience. These may include strength and endurance, and,
- have adequate vision and fine motor coordination appropriate to specific workplaces
In order to participate in the program, you'll need to:
- demonstrate appropriate behaviour necessary to participate effectively and safely in classroom and work experience settings*
- have the ability to arrange transportation to and from college and work experience locations
*Students pursuing the Certificate in Employment Training and Preparation–Level 1, Construction Materials Handler, must also possess the ability and desire to work outdoors in all types of weather, and be able to participate in full day work experience placements as required for a construction site.
Note: You may be required to obtain a criminal record check due to the nature of your work experience or because an employer requires one in order to work on site.
- Students who successfully complete all Level 1 program requirements will receive a Certificate in Employment Training - Level 1, with a specialization in Construction Materials Handler, Customer Service, Food and Customer Service, or Gardening and Customer Service.
- Students who subsequently complete all Level 2 program requirements will receive a Certificate in Employment Training - Level 2.
- Students who sucessfully complete ETP 033, and one (1) of 038 or 025 will receive a Certificate in E.A.R.T.H Gardening
- Students who successfully complete ETP 031, 037 and 038 with a 'COM' or 'DST' will receive a Certificate in Workplace Literacy and Numeracy.
Last updated: September 8, 2010 10:42 am