In four short steps, you’ll be on your way to learning new English skills.
Program under review
Thank you for your interest in e-Work. At this time, we are reviewing the delivery options for this program. Currently, we are taking an interest list. Contact us.
Steps to apply and register
Step 1: Meet the requirements
- be a Permanent Resident (Landed Immigrant) or a Canadian Citizen
- be 19 years or older
- meet the requirements for each course, OR
- take a CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test) assessment
- provide your proof of Canadian citizenship or immigration status
- submit proof of post-secondary qualifications (i.e. a post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree) or permission of the Co-Chair of English Language Development—Career & Academic Preparation stream
If you do not meet the requirements, go to step 2.
If you do meet the requirements, go to step 3.
If you live in the Victoria area, phone 250-370-3295 or email to set up an appointment.
If you live outside the Victoria area, you can write the CLBPT* at one of these sites
*Note: you may be charged a fee.
We are not accepting applications at this time. To get on an interest list, please contact us.
Step 4: Register
Congratulations! You are now a Camosun College student. Welcome!
You must submit proof of:
- completion of Camosun's ELD 062 and ELD 064 or higher (or equivalent, as determined by the Co-Chair of English Language Development—Career & Academic Preparation stream), OR
- CLB level 6 or higher in all four language skills (listening, speaking, reading, writing), OR
- proof of IELTS at 5.5 with no band less than 5, OR
- proof of TOEFL IBT at 71 with no score less than 14, OR
- proof of TOEFL CB at 197, OR
- proof of TOEFL PB at 527, OR
- CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test) assessment
- post-secondary qualifications of some kind (i.e. a certificate, diploma or degree) or permission of the Co-Chair of English Language Development—Career & Academic Preparation stream
You must have access to a computer and the internet, and have a current email address.
You must complete all program courses with a grade of "COM" or "DST" to obtain a Certificate in English Language for the Workplace–e-Work.