Civil Engineering Bridge to UBC
The Civil Engineering Bridge to the University of British Columbia program is offered by Camosun College with co-operation of the University of British Columbia (UBC).
Effective Date: April 2017
To bridge to UBC Vancouver into Civil Engineering, apply and submit all documents before March 1, for the following September intake at Camosun.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|One of||Recent Civil Engineering Technology diploma||A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology within the last 5 years with a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 (B) and no individual course marks below a C grade. Please submit two official copies.|
|Civil Engineering Technology diploma and a Letter of Intent||A diploma in Civil Engineering Technology more than 5 years ago with a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 (B) and no individual course marks below a C grade (two official copies) and a Letter of Intent outlining work experience and or professional development since graduation.|
|Recent diploma from a closely related discipline||A diploma from another closely related discipline within the last 5 years with a minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 (B) and no individual course marks below a C grade and approved by the Engineering Bridge Coordinator. Please submit two official copies.|
|All of||High school transcripts||Please submit two official copies.|
|Other post-secondary transcripts||Regardless of relevance to Engineering studies all post-secondary transcripts must be submitted. Please submit two official copies.|
- Camosun College diploma graduates are not required to submit their Camosun transcripts.
- "In progress" transcripts may be accepted if students are currently enrolled in the final courses of their diploma program. The courses must be completed prior to acceptance for admission.
- Diploma programs must be from an accredited Canadian Engineering Technology program to be accepted for admission.
Admission selection process
GPA is calculated using all courses taken toward completion of a student’s Technology diploma, including all course repeats.
A joint meeting between the University of British Columbia and Camosun College rank the applicants based on the GPA achieved to determine which applicants will be offered admission to the bridge program.
To obtain an Advanced Diploma in Civil Engineering Bridge to the University of British Columbia, students must obtain a C grade or higher in each course.
To obtain the Camosun College Bridge credential and to be eligible for admission to third year of the Engineering Program at UBC, the following criteria is applicable:
- Students must obtain a C grade or higher in each course. If a D or F grade is received, the student must repeat the course and obtain a grade of C+ or higher. Repetition of a course to obtain a higher grade will only be permitted once.
- The Camosun College Bridge program must be completed within two consecutive years. If a student wants to drop or withdraw from any course they must obtain permission prior to doing so, as there may be consequences that could adversely affect their admission to the university. Students must consult Academic Advising regarding any program or course changes.
Missing admission requirements?
Camosun offers a Civil Engineering Technology diploma if you don't already have your credential.