Follow these steps to apply and register—steps 2 through 5 can be completed in one visit if you wish!
Information and Application Process
Step 1 - Contact us
Mark Fournier - Sector-Specific Employment Training and Occupations Launch | Phone: 250-370-3839
Laura Friesen - Employment Preparation | Phone: 250-370-4981
Step 2 - Intake Conversation
Chat with an instructor to discover if ETP is right for you. Determine which courses you will start with.
If you discover that ETP is not the right program for you, we may be able to suggest alternative programs or resources.
Step 3 - Applictaion/Finacial Aid/Registration
ETP staff will help you fill out all the necessary forms and guide you through the process:
Please bring the following:
- Picture identification
- Social Insurance Number
- Proof of your income, such as a pay stub, PWD statement, or 2019 Tax Return.
Note: Each ETP program is a stand-alone offering. Current students must inform ETP staff that they wish to continue on into another ETP program and book an intake conversation. See Step 1
All students admitted to ETP must participate in an interview to determine suitability for the program and for working in an applied learning setting at the college. Contact us.
Sector-Specific Employment Training - A Certificate in Employment Preparation is advised.
Occupations Launch - A Certificate in Sector-Specific Employment Training is advised.
In order to take part in an ETP program, you'll need to:
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour necessary to participate effectively and safely in classroom and work experience settings*
- Arrange transportation to and from college, work experience and community locations
- Perform all program-related tasks that require specific physical skills to effectively carry out the work experience.
- Students taking EARTH gardening will be required to wear steel-toed footwear. Financial support is available when needed, don't let this be a barrier to your education.
*Once accepted into the program, depending on the nature of the work experience, you may be required to obtain a criminal record check (CRC) clearance as a program participation requirement.
We will help you with the CRC process should this be a requirement for your work experience placement.
- All courses within the program or specialization must be completed.