The essence of high tech
Electronics and computer engineering embodies today’s high technology applications. This program puts you at the leading edge.
Diversify your skills
The Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology – Renewable Energy program provides you with all the knowledge you need to work in a variety of positions associated with the electronics industry.
You'll develop analytical skills and learn how to apply them to electronic circuits and systems.
A world of possibilities
This unique program provides strong training in both hardware and software so you can be ready to take on a wide array of challenges in industry as a technologist. You will graduate with skills in embedded systems, communications, microelectronics, signal processing and control, with a particular focus on renewable energy solutions.
You may convert your diploma into a degree by applying to the Electronics and Computer Engineering Bridge.
The six-month bridge program leads directly into the third year of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering at UVic; or to the final two years at Lakehead University in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
Our graduates have gone on to work in many parts of the world, in positions supporting research and development to customer support to maintaining the critical networks that all companies use in their business.
As an Electronics or Computer Engineering Technologist, you'll have the opportunities to work on:
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Analog and digital circuitry design
- Microelectronics fabrication and testing (hardware and software)
- Instrumentation and data acquisition
- Microcontroller system design
- Data gathering, processing and monitoring of renewable systems
- Communications systems design and installation
- Electronic control systems, robotics
- Design and testing of microelectronics systems
- Technical and sales support of solar-powered devices
- Design of renewable energy solutions
Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology - Renewable Energy
- Diploma or Diploma with
Co-operative Education Designation
- Two years or two years and nine months
- Study Options
- Work experience
- Three paid work terms (Co-op)
- Trades & Technology