Apply early for admission into the Electrical program. This program is popular and fills up fast.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
Effective Date: January 2015
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
* Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a “C” or higher in Foundations of Math 11, or Pre-Calculus 11, or Applications of Math 11, or Principles of Math 11, or MATH 073 or MATH 137.
Looking for apprentice training?
Get a job, then go to school
Once you have found employment come to Camosun to take all four levels of the Electrical Apprenticeship to receive your Red Seal ticket. Learn more.
- You should be in good physical condition, with good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. You’ll be exposed to the same conditions as professional electricians, including outdoor work in a variety of weathers, and you may be required to work longer than normal college hours.
- You must obtain 80% ("COM") to pass each module.
- You are ultimately responsible for your learning and meeting the requirements of the course and/or program. We encourage you to communicate issues concerning your course and program with your instructor, Chair/Program Leader, respectively. The School encourages full participation and active learning by attending all scheduled classes.
- Students must obtain 80% ("COM") in each module to obtain a Certificate in Electrical Foundation.