New program starting September 2019
Applications for the new Electrical Engineering Technology—Marine & Industrial program are now open for the Fall 2019 intake.
The essence of high tech
Learn leading-edge topics with applied learning to enable you to design Electrical Engineering systems. This program is designed to prepare you for direct entry in the marine or industrial electrical sectors, or you can choose to further your education in engineering at UVIC.
Diversify your skills
The Electrical Engineering Technology—Marine & Industrial program provides you with all the knowledge you need to work in a variety of positions within the Marine sector, and industrial electrical field.
You'll develop your skills with electrical devices such as VFD’s, PLC’s and Electrical Machines and will be able to design and document these complex electrical systems that can be applied in both marine and industrial projects.
As an Electrical Engineering Technologist, you'll be equipped for employment in:
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Analog and digital circuitry design
- Design and implementation of programmable logic controller (PLC) control systems
- Analysis, monitoring, control and design of complex electrical systems
- Communications systems design and installation
- Marine electrical propulsion systems
- Technical and sales support in the electrical technology field
Bridge to UVic
You may convert your diploma into a degree by applying to the Electrical and Computer Engineering Bridge.
The eight-month bridge program leads directly into the third year of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering at UVic.
Electrical Engineering Technology—Marine & Industrial
- Diploma or Diploma with
Co-op or Internship Designation
- 2 ½ to 3 years
- Study Options
- Work experience
- One (internship) or two (co-op) paid work terms
- Trades & Technology