Interested students can apply online. Students in the Carpentry Foundation program can begin in January, April, July or October.
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
Tip Where a letter grade is specified, you must have proof of that grade or higher.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
| || |
| || |
*Note: If you don't have one of the preferred math requirements the college will accept a “C” or higher in Foundations of Math 11 and Pre-Calculus 11, or Principles of Math 11, or Applications of Math 11, or MATH 073 or MATH 137.
**MATH 038 will no longer have prerequisites as of September 2016. Contact us if you have questions.
International students can apply for this program; however, please note that there are two factors international students need to consider:
- The program is very popular among students and currently there is a waitlist.
- This program does not qualify for the post-graduate work permit. Learn more at Government of Canada Citizenship and Immigration.
Looking for apprentice training?
Get a job, then go to school
Once you have found employment come to Camosun to take all four levels of the Carpentry Apprenticeship to receive your Red Seal ticket. Learn more.
- Students should be in good physical health and have good hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Students will be exposed to the same conditions as professional carpenters including outdoor work in a variety of weathers and may be required to work longer than normal college hours.
- The student is ultimately responsible for his/her learning and meeting the requirements of the course and/or program. All students are encouraged to communicate issues concerning their course and program with their instructor, Chair/Program Leader, respectively. The School encourages full participation and active learning by attending all scheduled classes.
- A minimum grade of 70% ("COM") overall is required to obtain a Certificate in Carpentry Foundation.