Explore a range of business career possibilities.
You will gain a strong background in Indigenous approaches to leadership and management and practical tools to lead communities in economic renewal.
The core of the program's curriculum is rooted in Indigenous perspectives through:
- integration with general business offerings, addressing the need for practical leadership and management education;
- participation in specialized seminars facilitated by Indigenous people who have combined academic and practical experience;
- completion of a community business project, working to strengthen relationships and build capacity in local and regional Indigenous communities.
Certificate or diploma – it's your choice
The School of Business has made the pathway through the Business Administrative programs more flexible. There are now three credentials that allow you to progress from a certificate to a diploma to an applied degree and you can apply, exit and return at any stage.
If you already have a related diploma from Camosun or another institution, consider applying directly to the degree program, to begin your second or third year courses, depending on your previous education. Contact the program leader or academic advising for more information.
Find your way and feel like you belong – with our help.
If you are thinking about coming to Camosun, an Indigenous Advisor can provide information and advice about Camosun programs offered on-campus and in three local Indigenous communities.
To help you reach your goals, we'll create an education plan and then continue to offer support once you become a student.
Indigenous Business Leadership
- Certificate in Indigenous Business Leadership or Diploma in Business Administration, Indigenous Business Leadership Option
- One or two years
- Study Options
- Full-time or part-time
- Work Experience
- Co-operative Education or Internship options for diploma
- September, January or May