Applied and relevant work experience
Graduation from the Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Major requires successful completion of 40 academic courses plus completion of 420 hours of applied and relevant work experience.
This requirement may be satisfied by completing MARK 499 Unsupervised MARK Work Experience or BUS 101 and BUS 201 through Co-operative Education. Students should consult with Cynthia Wrate, BBA Program Leader, upon completion of year 2 to discuss/clarify your options.
The MARK 499 is a self-directed work experience that provides students an opportunity to apply and expand marketing academic knowledge while employed in paid or volunteer positions and/or projects. It is the responsibility of the student to secure their MARK 499 position or combination of projects (paid or volunteer).
If you are choosing MARK 499 non-co-op work experience you are advised to take the following steps:
Contact Cynthia Wrate, Program Leader for the BBA in Marketing to determine your eligibility for MARK 499 and ensure you meet requirements. WrateC@camosun.ca
Download and complete the Application for BBA in MARK 499 Non Co-op Work Experience PDF including the following:
- Required minimum 420 hours of applied, relevant work experience
- Application must be typed and professionally formatted.
- Attach the company’s job description of your position to your application form
- Specify whether the work experience is full or part-time and provide a brief summary description of your responsibilities and tasks.
- Submit your completed application to the Program Leader for approval
Once your work experience has been approved by the Program Leader:
- Download and complete a Prior Learning Assessment Application Form (PLA)PDF
- Submit the PLA to the Program Leader for approval and signature.
- Submit the signed PLA to Enrolment Services to register and pay fees.
Complete the MARK 499 Learning Outcomes Student Report PDF. (Download details and guidelines)
Submit your completed BBA MARK 499 Report to the Program Leader for final approval and your grade will then be submitted to Registration.
Apply your classroom skills in the workplace and bring your workplace skills back to the classroom!