Applied and relevant work experience
Graduation from the Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing Major requires successful completion of 40 academic courses plus completion of applied and relevant work experience.
This requirement may be satisfied by completing MARK 499 Unsupervised MARK Work Experience OR BUS 101 and BUS 201 through Co-operative Education. Students should consult with Anne Borrowman, BBA Program Leader, when you begin your program to discuss/clarify your options.
The MARK 499 is a self-directed work experience that provides students an opportunity to apply and expand marketing academic knowledge while employed in paid or volunteer positions and/or projects. It is the responsibility of the student to secure their MARK 499 position or combination of projects (paid or volunteer).
If you are choosing MARK 499 non-co-op work experience, please take the following steps:
Contact Anne Borrowman, Program Leader for the BBA in Marketing to determine your eligibility for MARK 499 and ensure you meet requirements. borrowmanA@camosun.ca
Download and complete the Application for BBA in MARK 499 Non Co-op Work Experience PDF including the following:
- Attach the company’s job description/s to the application form. It must be on organizational letterhead and signed by your supervisor/s.
- Identify your position(s) as full-time or part-time and briefly describe the main duties you performed. Please use your own words to describe the position(s) using grammatically correct sentences.
- Provide your signature and your supervisor’s signature verifying the information provided is accurate.
- Identify a minimum of five specific 300-level & higher BBA courses that you will discuss in your report on how related course content was applied in the workplace.
- Application must be typed and professionally formatted.
- Submit your completed application to the Program Leader for approval
Once your work experience has been approved by the Program Leader:
- Download and complete a Prior Learning Assessment Application Form (PLA)PDF
- Submit the PLA to the Program Leader for approval and signature.
- Submit the signed PLA to Enrolment Services to register and pay fees.
Complete the MARK 499 Learning Outcomes Student Report PDF. (Download details and guidelines)
Submit your completed BBA MARK 499 Report to the Program Leader for final approval and your grade will then be entered into Camlink.
MARK 499 FAQ’s
What Are MARK 499 Requirements?
- A minimum of eight upper level (year three and four) marketing program courses have been completed or are in progress at the time of application.
- A minimum of 420 hours of applied relevant marketing related work experience during or within six months of application of MARK 499.
When Do I Register?
- Registration and report submission is usually within the final two terms of the BBA Marketing degree – when the requirements have been met.
Apply your classroom skills in the workplace and bring your workplace skills back to the classroom!