Applied and relevant work experience
Graduation from the Bachelor of Business Administration, Human Resource Management & Leadership Major requires successful completion of 40 academic courses plus completion of 420 hours of applied and relevant work experience.
This requirement may be satisfied by completing one of the following pathways:
- BUS 101 and BUS 201 through Co-operative Education
- This pathway is appropriate for those new to Human Resources and Leadership and are seeking work experience.
- HRML 499 – Self-directed HRML Work Experience
- The HRML 499 is a self-directed work experience that provides students an opportunity to apply and expand human resources academic knowledge while employed in paid or volunteer positions and/or projects. It is the responsibility of the student to secure their own HRML 499 position or combination of projects.
Contact Halinka Szwender, Department Chair for the BBA in HR Management & Leadership Major to determine if your proposed work experience will satisfy HRML 499 applied work requirements.
Download and complete the HRML 499 Application form PDF and include the following:
- The company’s job description of your position.
- Your signature and your supervisor’s signature verifying the information provided is accurate and meets the required minimum 420 hours of applied, relevant work experience.
- Provide a list of a minimum of four (4) three hundred and four hundred level courses that you will apply in this position.
- Application must be typed and professionally formatted.
Once your work experience has been approved by the Department Chair, submit the signed Prior Learning Assessment Application Form PDF to Student Services to register and pay the HRML 499 tuition fees. Please ensure that this form is submitted BEFORE the tuition deadline.
Complete and submit the BBA HRML 499 Learning Outcomes Student Report to the Department Chair.
- Describe your success in achieving each HRML 499 learning outcome.
- Identify and discuss your specific BBA courses when relating work-related outcomes to what was learned in your classes.
- Professionally formatted in APA style.
Once the Department Chair has reviewed your submitted report, your grade will be entered into Camlink.
Apply your classroom skills in the workplace and bring your workplace skills back to the classroom!