Learn more about the new HRMA partnership and how a Student Membership can benefit you!
Students enrolled in the BBA, HR Management & Leadership Major, Year 3 or Year 4.
What this means for students
- You may purchase a 25% discounted membership to become a member of HRMA student member. Enter this case-sensitive code CAM2015-30 in the field next to discount: on the Shopping Cart View page. Then click on the apply button for your adjusted amount. Attach a copy of your transcript with your application.
- A “Connections for Emerging Professionals” Program will be developed to provide opportunities for students to connect with CHRP’s during their BBA program. This includes the 2015 HR Café on Thursday, November 26th – contact your HR instructors or visit the Management & Human Resource Leadership bulletin board (across from CBA 264) for more information about this. The HRMA will provide additional information in their weekly membership emails.
- Student members receive a 25% discounted rate to the HRMA Annual Conference. More details will follow when conference registration has opened.
- BBA-HRML Degree program graduates with an overall cumulative average of B-, and who have been an on-going member of HRMA since registering in their 3rd year courses will be awarded national knowledge exam (NKE) passing status towards obtaining their Certified Human Resources Professional designation.
- Graduates who meet the # 4 requirements may continue their membership as a “General Member” until they meet the experience requirements of the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation. Upon completion of the experience requirements, members may apply to receive the “Professional Member” designation as noted HRMA by-laws.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Human Resource Management & Leadership Major graduates and who achieve an overall cumulative average of B- in their program and have been a member of HRMA continuously since registering in their 3rd year courses will be awarded national knowledge exam [NKE] passing status by HRMA i.e. in recognition of their learning in the Camosun program such graduates will not have to write the NKE exam.
For more information, please contact:
Halinka Szwender, Department Chair, Management & Human Resource Leadership
Camosun College, School of Business
250.370.4148, email@example.com, CBA 258