Graduation from the Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting Major requires successful completion of 40 academic courses plus completion of 420 hours of applied and relevant work experience.
The following information provides you with the details for BBA - Accounting Major elective and program requirements.
Elective Guidelines – Seven (7) Elective Courses
- One (1) Elective: Any 100 or higher level course
- Two (2) Electives:Any 100-level or higher course, not from the School of Business
- Four (4) Electives:Any 200-level or higher course
- Students may only use one of two or more courses with equivalent content and different names for credit towards completion of program credential.
- Courses NOT acceptable as elective credit toward the Business Administration Diploma, Accounting Option, or the Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting Major:
- ACCT 207 Managerial Accounting (formerly ACCT 140, ACCT 230, ACCT 255)
- ECON 102 The Canadian Economy
- FIN 230 Financial Planning 1
- FIN 231 Financial Planning 2
- PADM 230 Public Finance in Canada
- MATH 135 Career Algebra
- MATH 137 Algebra & Triangle Trigonometry
- ENGL 103 Preparatory Academic Writing
- ENGL 104 Preparatory English Literature
- ENGL 142 Academic Writing Strategies
- ELD 103 Preparatory Academic Writing
- ELD 104 Preparatory English Literature
Some additional courses are not acceptable as elective credit toward the diploma and degree. All electives should be chosen in consultation with the Department Chair or an Academic Advisor.
- Credit to the accounting diploma and BBA may be obtained for only one of a pair or group of courses identified as having content that has significant overlap. Examples are:
- ACCT 250 and ABT 281
- BUS 143 and BUS 242
- BUS 290H and BUS 290
- MATH 100 and MATH 108
- MATH 105, and MATH 107, and MATH 115
- STAT 116 and BUS 230
- MATH 126 and MATH 222
- SFL 300 and BUS 214
- SFL 310 and PHIL 330
- BSYS 494 and BUS 220
There may be other examples. Please consult with the Department Chair or Academic Advisor for more information.
To qualify for a BBA (Accounting) degree credential, a student must complete all required program courses and electives, 420 hours of applied work experience, and achieve an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (C+).
BBA Work Term Requirement
Graduation from the Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting Major requires successful completion of 40 academic courses plus completion of 420 hours of applied and relevant work experience. This requirement may be satisfied by completing ACCT 499 or BUS 101 and BUS 201. Please contact the BBA Program Leader upon completion of Year 2 to discuss/clarify your options.
Current Students: If you started this program prior to 2014 please contact an Academic Advisor for assistance with making course selections that will support your eligibility for the program credential.