Ready to get started? Camosun accepts applications to apprenticeship technical training programs year-round. The training schedules are posted on the Trades Training BC website.
How to Register for Apprenticeship Technical Training
- You must be employed as an apprentice and registered with the Industry Training Authority (ITA). If you are registered as an apprentice outside of BC, please contact Camosun's Apprenticeship Office.
- Use the online training schedule to decide when you want to start your training.
To find the Camosun Schedule:
- Follow the link to your specific trade.
- Select the "Vancouver Island" tab.
- Select the level you're looking for.
- Print off and fill out an apprentice application form PDF. Bring, fax or email your completed form, with payment for the application fee, to Registration at either campus.
All trades programs have a mandatory attendance requirement. If you miss three days in an apprenticeship class, you’ll be required to withdraw from the course. In exceptional cases, the Chair may recommend an exemption to this policy. The final decision on withdrawal from a program will rest with the Dean. You are ultimately responsible for your own learning and for meeting the requirements of the program. You are encouraged to communicate issues concerning your program with your instructor or Program Chair.
All apprenticeship programs require an overall grade of 70% to pass the technical training portion.