Ready to get started? If you have basic computer knowledge, a business or project management background and are fluent in English, this program is for you.
Applicants must be either high school graduates or 19 years or older at the start of their first academic term.
The program uses several resources to help you learn practical project management skills. When you enrol, you will receive detailed instructions on what is required, but you can expect that you will need:
- Computer with Internet Access and Windows Operating system
- Microsoft Project (Windows based PC or a Windows enabled MAC is required)
- Microsoft Word & Excel
- Suggested Text Book: Project Management: A Managerial Approach. J.R. Meredith and S.J. Mantel Jr., John Wiley and Sons. Any Edition
(Available used online, details will be discussed during first course.)
- Participants must complete all the courses (116 hours - 14 weeks) in order.
- You must complete and achieve 60% (C) or higher in all courses to receive a Certificate in Applied Project Management.
Receive your credential
When you are ready to apply for your Certificate in Applied Project Management, you will need to:
- Submit an Application for Admission to the College for the credential (Certificate in Applied Project Management). An application fee applies.
- Submit a Request for Credential to the College (Certificate in Applied Project Management).
- High school graduate or 19 years of age or older
- Basic computer knowledge:
- Understand file name extensions (e.g. .doc, .docx)
- Save files in specific folders
- Copy and move files/folders
- Send and receive email
- Add attachments to email
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Business/Project Management background:
- Work in a business setting
- Experience working on projects
- Strong interest in learning the project management process
- Fluent in written and spoken English