Ready to get started? We offer several intakes of Prep Level ASL and one intake of Basic Level ASL each year.
There are no admission requirements for this program. Recommended characteristics for ASL students:
- Good command of oral and written English
- Good visual memory
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to follow signed, oral, and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Sensitivity to issues of 'difference' and identity
- Maturity and positive self-image with high standards of personal integrity
Certificate students are encouraged to complete studies within two years of starting the first course. To receive a Certificate in American Sign Language - Prep and/or the Certificate in American Sign Language - Basic, you should achieve an average of B- across the four courses for each level and a minimum grade of B- in each Mastery Exam course.
Students must successfully complete the preceding course before attending the next course in sequence.
For detailed information on how to register, please download our catalogue.