Ready to get started?
Our program starts each July, apply today!
Effective Date: July 2018
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
|Bachelor's Degree||Proof of a baccalaureate degree.|
During the course of the program, you will be required to:
- Statement of Intention: Submission of a 400-500 word statement outlining career goals and motivation to enter the program. This statement will assist in ensuring student alignment with the program.
- CPR C and Standard First Aid: On the first day of class you are required to submit documentation of current certification and must ensure that it remains current for the duration of the program.
- Criminal Record Check: Submit a criminal record check through the BC Government's Criminal Record Review program.* A criminal record check (CRC) clearance is a program participation requirement. You'll be sent instructions about the CRC process that need to be followed. Criminal record checks done outside the college aren't accepted. You will be responsible for all additional costs associated with these requirements. More information about Criminal Record Checks
- Technology: Access to current technology including a computer with a webcam and high-speed internet is an asset.
- Equipment: You need to have access to appropriate outdoor clothing and camping equipment (e.g., hiking boots, sleeping bag). A complete list of recommended items available upon request.
Program completion requirements
You must complete all 10 courses, with a minimum letter great of C in each course, in order to qualify for the Post-Degree Diploma in Adventure Education.
Don't have a bachelor's degree?
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student
Note: Current high school students are not eligible to apply to this program.