Ready to get started?
Our program starts each July, apply today!
Effective Date: July 2018
When you apply you will need to submit proof that you meet the following admission requirements.
|Requirement||High school course||Camosun course||Alternatives|
|Bachelor's Degree*||Proof of a baccalaureate degree.|
*If you do not have a Bachelor’s degree but have significant experience in adventure/outdoor/environmental/experiential education or an equivalent field and feel confident at being able to work at post-Bachelor academic level please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
During the course of the program, you will be required to:
- Statement of Intention: Submission of a 400-500 word statement outlining career goals and motivation to enter the program. This statement will assist in ensuring student alignment with the program.
- CPR C and Standard First Aid: On the first day of class you are required to submit documentation of current certification and must ensure that it remains current for the duration of the program.
- Criminal Record Check: You'll need to submit a criminal record check through the BC Government's Criminal Record Review program. A criminal record check (CRC) clearance is a program participation requirement. You'll be sent instructions about the CRC process that need to be followed. Criminal record checks done outside the college aren't accepted. You will be responsible for all additional costs associated with these requirements. More information about Criminal Record Checks
- Technology: Access to current technology including a computer/tablet with a webcam and microphone. High-speed internet is an asset.
- Equipment: You need to have access to appropriate outdoor clothing and camping equipment (e.g., hiking boots, sleeping bag). A full list of required and recommended items will be provided to registered students prior to the program commencement. You should not need to incur significant expenses. Please consider borrowing or renting equipment. If you have any questions about required equipment, clothing or other items, please contact us at email@example.com.
Program completion requirements
You must complete all 10 courses, with a minimum letter great of C in each course, in order to graduate with a Post-Degree Diploma in Adventure Education.
Don't have a bachelor's degree?
This program accepts applications from International students for the same tuition costs as listed above. For the most up-to-date information on studying in Canada, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. You are responsible for keeping valid documents and following the rules/conditions of CIC, so always double-check.
What kind of applicant are you?
Camosun has three different applicant categories:
- Current BC/Yukon High School Student
Note: Current high school students are not eligible to apply to this program.