Program under review
The Activity Assistant Program is undergoing a program review during 2019. Applications for the program are currently not being accepted. Please continue to check the website for updated information.
If you wish to be placed on an interest list pending review completion, please email email@example.com and we will contact you about the next offering of the program.
An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Build on your existing health care skills to become an Activity Aide and fill roles in this in-demand field.
Effective until August 31, 2019.
|Program and practicum courses||$2,950|
GST is not applicable for this program. Payment can be made by credit card, debit (in-person), banking, cheque or money order. More information on how to pay your fees can be found here. You must meet payment dates or you will forfeit your seat and must reapply.
- A $500 non-refundable program commitment fee (applied to your tuition) is due by the date indicated in the letter offering you a seat.
- $1,225 non-refundable tuition is due November 2018
- $1,225 non-refundable tuition is due January 2019
Includes: All course materials, practicum placement, program support, guest speakers, and access to Camosun's Counselling Centre and the Centre for Accessible Learning.
A rewarding career
Activity aides in BC earn a median annual salary* of $45,000 depending on employer and seniority.
*2017 Job Bank Wage data
- Application fee
- Name tag for worksite placement
- Criminal Record Check
- TB Skin Test
- Hep B Vaccine: Free for health studies students
- First Aid (if expired)
- Class 4 Driver's Licence (optional)
International students interested in Continuing Education certificate programs should contact International Admissions directly for consultation.
- A 100% refund, less the $500 non-refundable registration deposit, is available up to 14 calendar days prior to the start date of the program.
- Refunds are not provided after this date.
- Exceptions will not be made for declined Criminal Record Checks, which are processed after the program has begun. Students who are unsure if they will have a clear criminal record are encouraged to contact our CRC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-370-3570 before accepting a seat in the program.
- External Awards
- Human Resources and Skills Development (HRSDC) may provide financial assistance to recipients of employment insurance. Interested students should contact their local HRSDC office for more information.
- Because this is a part-time program, students do not qualify for a Canada Student Loan.
- Fees paid by an employer or other sponsoring agency (except HRSDC), please submit employer/sponsorship form PDF.