The Activity Assistant certificate program is cancelled until further notice.
An investment in your career
Invest in yourself! Build on your existing health care skills to become an Activity Aide and fill roles in this in-demand field.
Note The following tuition fees are for domestic students only.
Effective from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
|Program and practicum courses||$2,950|
GST is not applicable for this program. Payment can be made by credit card, debit (in-person), banking, cheque or money order. More information on how to pay your fees can be found here. You must meet payment dates or you will forfeit your seat and must reapply.
- A $500 non-refundable registration deposit (due by the date indicated on the letter offering you a seat and applied to your tuition).
- Installment #1: $1,225 non-refundable tuition is due February 21, 2020.
- Installment #2: $1,225 non-refundable tuition is due April 15, 2020.
Includes: All course materials, practicum placement, program support, guest speakers, and access to Camosun's Counselling Centre and the Centre for Accessible Learning.
- Application fee: $43.51
- Name tag for worksite placement: $18 (approx)
- Criminal Record Check: $28 paid to the Ministry of Justice
- Immunization: varies
- TB Skin Test: $40
- Hep B Vaccine: Free for health studies students
- First Aid (if expired): varies
- FoodSafe: varies
- Class 4 Driver's Licence (optional): varies
International students interested in Continuing Education certificate programs should contact International Admissions directly for consultation.
- A 100% refund, less the $500 non-refundable registration deposit, is available up to 14 calendar days prior to the start date of the program.
- Refunds are not provided after this date.
- Exceptions will not be made for declined Criminal Record Checks, which are processed after the program has begun. Students who are unsure if they will have a clear criminal record are encouraged to contact our CRC office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-370-3570 before accepting a seat in the program.
Are you a former youth in care?
The Provincial Tuition Waiver program aims to make post-secondary education more accessible for former youth in care by providing financial support for tuition and mandatory student fees. Learn more about eligibility and how to apply.
- External Awards
- Human Resources and Skills Development (HRSDC) may provide financial assistance to recipients of employment insurance. Interested students should contact their local HRSDC office for more information.
- Because this is a part-time program, students do not qualify for a Canada Student Loan.
- Fees paid by an employer or other sponsoring agency (except HRSDC), please submit employer/sponsorship form PDF.