Plumbing and Piping ACE IT program
The Plumbing and Piping ACE IT partnership program prepares secondary students for entry into careers in plumbing, steam/pipefitting, gasfitting, sprinkler fitting, and as refrigeration mechanics, hydronic heating technicians and geothermal heating technicians. You can earn dual high school and college credits and receive a college certificate.
Learn more about Plumbing and Piping Trades from the Industry Training Authority.
- is for Grades 11 and 12 students, and adult learners under 19 working towards graduation
- combines secondary and post secondary programming and provides dual credits
- provides 40 high school credits, industry training credit for level 1 apprenticeship in 5 trades (plumbing, steamfitter, gasfitter, sprinkler fitter, refrigeration/HVAC mechanic) college certification and concurrent registration.
Step 1: Preparation & Prerequisites
- English 11 and Math 11 Applications or Principles–—minimum 60%
- 30 hours minimum related work experience or job shadow
Complete the application process to register for the program
- work with school counselor to register in the program submitting application package and evidence of prerequisites
- qualified students are required to complete an interview and program orientation prior to acceptance into the program.
Step 3: College program @ Camosun’s Interurban campus
- 9 month full time program starting February 2011
- offered at Camosun College Interurban Campus
- specifically designed for high school students
Upon completion: You'll receive level 1 apprenticeship technical training credit for 5 trades (plumbing, steamfitter, gasfitter, sprinkler fitter, refrigeration/HVAC mechanic) and a certificate of program completion from the College.
- $36.41 Application Fee
- $500 Books (approx.)
- Personal Protective Equipment & Tools
- Tuition fees are covered by the school district through ACE IT.
Note: Ancillary Fees are waived therefore registration does not include a bus pass.
For more information about the Plumbing and Piping ACE IT Program, contact the Career Counselling Department at your school, or the SIP office at 250–370–4828.
Last updated: November 22, 2011 9:14 am