Do you need your first-year English requirement? Travel to Ireland with Camosun and get your English credits while exploring Irish culture and traditions and their influences on literature.
Ireland Field School 2018
Study Irish literature in the land that gave birth to it! Ireland has one of the richest literary traditions in the western world, and this program will introduce students to some of its greatest writers, including W.B. Yeats, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, Samuel Beckett, and Seamus Heaney. Learning about Irish literature in the very place that shaped these writers and their works will enrich students’ understanding of the crucial link between writing and culture, while exploring cultural and historical landmarks will make the Ireland of stories and poems come alive.
- Cork City
- University College of Cork (UCC)
- May–June, 2018 (Four weeks at Camosun, two weeks at UCC)
- Course offered
- ENGL 163 – Introduction to Literary Traditions
- (Already have ENGL 163? Contact the instructor for alternative course options.)
- Cost includes
- Airfare, transportation in Ireland, accommodation, medical insurance, site visits, welcome and farewell dinner, and operational costs.
- Cost excludes
- Tuition, Camosun Student Society fees, recommended vaccinations and/or medicines, meals, free time activities and personal expenses.
- Campus housing with kitchen
- Deadline to apply
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018
- Camosun International Field School Scholarship
- One World International Scholarships
- Kelly Pitman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coming soon
St. Coleman's Cathedral, Cork City
Field school students at UCC