Choose Field Schools for your next study abroad adventure
Field Schools are short-term study abroad programs with long-lasting memories. Taught and led by Camosun faculty, you will study and travel with a group of students for up to six weeks. Field Schools change every academic year.
2017 Field Schools
- Anthropology & Tourism: UK
- Dental Hygiene: Mexico
- English/Creative Writing: Wales
- Global Studies & Spanish: Cuba
- Most field schools leave in May or June
- Prices range between $3,500-$6,500 depending on the length and location of the field school.
Most Field School fees include flights, accommodation (may be rustic), tuition, travel medical insurance, and operational costs. Meals may be included, depending on the program. Visit each Field School website for details.
What is not included:
- Personal expenses
- Course texts and materials
- Immunizations, vaccinations, and medications
- Passport fees
- Photos for visa
International students are welcome to join Field Schools. International fees apply and prices quoted do not reflect these fees.
Student loans may be available to Canadian citizens or Permanent Residents who are normally eligible. Contact Financial Aid directly.
Scholarships are available.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be nineteen or older before departure and be in good academic standing. Qualified students from institutions other than Camosun College are eligible to participate, but must gain admission to Camosun College. Please contact Study Abroad for more information.
- Further Travel
- You can travel on your own AFTER the field school has ended. Students can make their own arrangements with our travel agent to change their flights and allow themselves time to travel after the field school program has concluded. Any changes made to the original travel arrangements will be made at the student's personal expense.
Previous Field Schools
2016 Field Schools
2015 Field Schools
2014 Field Schools
2013 Field Schools
Get the tools and resources and develop a support network to help you succeed in your upcoming study abroad experience.
Contact Study Abroad
- Office Hours: by appointment
- Phone: +1-250-370-3149
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Field School Important Dates
- March 3
- All participants confirmed. Deposits will be non-refundable.
- March 13
- Fee deadline for first payment. First payment amount varies for each program. Students who wish to withdraw must withdraw on or before the fee deadline and will be required to pay fees for incurred costs to date plus the non-refundable deposit.
- March 24
- First payment becomes non-refundable.
- April 3
- Fee deadline for final payment. Final amount varies for each program. Students who wish to withdraw must withdraw on or before the fee deadline and will be required to pay fees for incurred costs to date plus the non-refundable deposit and first payment.
- April 7
- All field school fees become non-refundable.