Choose Camosun College for your exchange destination.
Camosun College is a leading public college in Canada located in one of Canada’s top tourist destinations. Exchange students from our partner institutions join our international and domestic students for up to two semesters for an unforgettable academic and cultural experience.
Camosun Fast Facts
- Largest college in BC
- 18,000+ learners a year
- 1,500+ international students representing over 70 countries
- Two modern campuses
- 160+ certificate, diploma, and bachelor's degree programs
Information for Incoming Exchange Students
Main intake periods are Fall and Winter. The Summer semester has limited course availability.
- Important Dates calendar
- Fall semester: September-December
- Winter semester: January-April
- Summer semester: May-August
View Camosun programs and courses to build your learning plan. Please check prerequisites for individual courses. Courses may not be available for all semesters. Each individual course will list number of credits and hours per week.
Courses can also be viewed on Camlink. Click on “search for credit classes” and select the term you wish to study at Camosun (F=fall, W=winter, S=summer). If the term is not available, select the term from the previous year to use as a reference.
Courses that are listed as “restricted” on Camlink are generally not open to exchange students.
Minimum/maximum courses per semester
You can take 3 to 6 courses, or 9 to 18 credits per semester.
Planning your arrival
Contact your study abroad advisor at your home institution for an application.
- May 10 for Fall Semester
- October 15 for Winter Semester
- March 1 for Summer Semester
Language proficiency requirement
In general, students with the following scores can enter academic programs without language difficulties:
- IELTS: overall score 6.0 or higher (no section lower than 5.5)
- TOEFL: score of 83 with no score less than 20 on each level
For students wanting to improve their English language level, we offer English Language Development (ELD) classes. Students enrolling in ELD will be required to write a Camosun English assessment test upon arrival.
Students are required to provide proof of medical insurance. Students can buy medical insurance from Camosun prior to arrival ($2/day).
- Mandatory Student Society fees
- Students studying for two semesters will need to pay an extra $254 at the start of their program for extended health and dental benefits (12 month coverage). Students can opt out of this plan if they provide sufficient proof of coverage approved by the Camosun College Student Society.
- Textbooks: $200-$400/semester (depending on program)
Contact the study abroad advisor at your home institution or e-mail email@example.com
A group of students, supporting students. Join them!
Current Partner Institutions
- University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
- Palacký University
- Business Academy Aarhus, University of Applied Sciences
- Kajaani University of Applied Science
- INSEEC Group
- Ingolstadt University of Applied Sciences
- Josai International University
- Kansai Gaidai University
- University of Morioka
- Universidad Regiomontana
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Hallym University
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- Jönköping University
- Bern University of Applied Sciences
- University of Wales Trinity Saint David