Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) is an activity-based open enrolment program where students apply their English in a practical environment. These two-week and four-week English as a Second Language (ESL) programs help students expand vocabulary and communication skills through exciting curriculum in the classroom and applied activities on- and off-campus.
Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) 2019 intakes
|July 3, 2019||4 weeks||Schedule PDF|
|July 29, 2019||2 weeks||Schedule PDF|
Designed for you
Fees and deadlines
|Program||Length||Application/fee deadline||Arrival in Victoria||Program Start Date||Departure from Victoria|
|July CELA||4 weeks||April 15, 2019||July 2, 2019||July 3, 2019||July 27, 2019|
|August CELA||2 weeks||May 31, 2019||July 28, 2019||July 29, 2019||August 10, 2019|
CELA tuition inquires: group offers and individual applicants, please contact the Global Partnerships Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*For participants in homestays, a placement fee will be added to the program fees. The admin fees include pick up and drop off. Tuition and homestay fees are non-refundable after the application/fee deadline, except when students are able to show proof that their entry to Canada was denied. In these cases, a $300 administration fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
Camosun Homestay for CELA
- Regulations and Requirements PDF
- CELA application form PDF
- CELA Homestay fees:
- 2 weeks, including food: $550
- 4 weeks, including food: $1,000
- Refunds: Homestay fees are non-refundable after the application/fee deadline.
- Moving out early: We do our best to find the most suitable homestay match for our CELA students. If you decide to move out of your homestay placement during your CELA program, you are required to inform the Camosun housing coordinator. You will be responsible for finding alternate accommodation arrangements and you will not receive a refund from your original placement.
You may also want to consider the University of Victoria (UVic) residences during the summer months. UVic is only 3 kilometers from Camosun’s Lansdowne Campus–an easy walk or a short bus ride. Meal plans are also available. Please book directly with UVic.