Fully re-designed for 2018, Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) is an activity-based open enrolment program where students apply their English in a practical environment. These two-week and four-week English as a Second Language (ESL) programs help students expand vocabulary and communication skills through exciting curriculum in the classroom and applied activities on and off of campus.
Camosun English Learning Adventures (CELA) 2018 intakes
Fees and deadlines
|Program||Length||Application/fee deadline||Arrival in Victoria||Program Start Date||Departure from Victoria||CELA tuition*|
|Spring 2018 CELA||2 weeks||January 5, 2018||February 25||February 26||March 10||$900|
|4 weeks||January 5, 2018||February 25||February 26||March 24||$1,500|
|Summer 2018 CELA||2 weeks||April 6, 2018||July 8||July 9||July 21||$900|
|4 weeks||April 6, 2018||July 8||July 9||August 4||$1,500|
|Fall 2018 CELA||2 weeks||July 20, 2018||October 13||October 14||October 27||$900|
*Please note that there is a $100 non-refundable application fee. Tuition is subject to 5% GST. Tuition and homestay fees are non-refundable after the application/fee deadline, except when students are able to show proof that their entry to Canada was denied. In these cases, a $300 administration fee will be deducted from the refund amount.
Camosun Homestay for CELA
- Regulations and Requirements PDF
- CELA application form PDF
- CELA Homestay fees:
- 2 weeks, including food: $550
- 4 weeks, including food: $1,000
- Refunds: Homestay fees are non-refundable after the application/fee deadline.
- Moving out early: We do our best to find the most suitable homestay match for our CELA students. If you decide to move out of your homestay placement during your CELA program, you are required to inform the Camosun housing coordinator. You will be responsible for finding alternate accommodation arrangements and you will not receive a refund from your original placement.
Visiting Esquimalt Lagoon.
Kayaking on the Gorge.