Camosun logo for print

Information • September 15, 2020 8:36 am • Campus libraries to re-open using pandemic model • Read more…

Camosun International

Accepted Students

Welcome to Camosun College!

We're excited to welcome you to Victoria. Here are some important things to know before you begin your studies.


Camosun International Student Handbook

The Camosun International Student Handbook is your guide to the services and supports available to you as a Camosun student, as well as helpful information about living in Canada.

Download the New Student Handbook PDF

Study permit

Most international students require a valid post-secondary study permit to study at Camosun. It can take several months to get one, it is important to apply for your study permit as soon as you receive your official Letter of Acceptance.


Camosun Homestay Program

Living with a local Canadian family is a great way to make Canadian friends, learn about Canadian culture and practice English. Learn more about Camosun's Homestay program.

Student Homestay Application forms should be submitted at least six weeks before your classes start.

Private Accommodation

Want to live on your own? There are lots of options available. Learn about renting in Victoria.

Note Camosun College does not have student dormitories.

Registering for classes

(1st semester)

Camosun International registers you into classes for your first semester based on course availability and the pre-requisites you have on file with us as evaluated by our International Admissions department. A pre-requisite is what you must have before you can start a course.

Medical insurance

You are required to have medical insurance while you are studying in Canada.

If you are new to the province of BC:

  • For the first 3 months in BC you will need private medical insurance.
    • Camosun College registers all new international students for a private insurance called for the first three months until they become eligible for B.C.'s Medical Services Plan (MSP).
    • fee will be deducted from your deposit.
  • After 3 months – you should be eligible to apply for BC's Medical Services Plan (MSP). See instructions on how to enrol in MSP.

If you already have BC MSP:

  • Please bring a copy of your BC Services Card to the New Student Orientation, so we can cancel the policy. Please do not forget to renew your BC MSP when you extend your study permit.

New Student Orientation

You are expected to attend the on-campus New Student Orientation that is usually happening the week before your first semester starts.

Please bring your study permit, passport and a copy of your medical insurance (if available).

Register for the next New Student Orientation

Camosun students overlooking Victoria

two female international students posing for a photo at graduation

Contact Us
Camosun College Lansdowne
3100 Foul Bay Rd
Victoria BC V8P 5J2
Camosun College Interurban
4461 Interurban Rd
Victoria BC V9E 2C1
  • 250–370–3000
  • 1–877–554–7555 (toll-free)

©1996–2020 Camosun College | Victoria BC, Canada | Printed: September 29, 2020 at 9:00 am Change Everything logo for print