We help you connect with the resources and services required to move your technology needs forward. On top of our advanced equipment capabilities, our resources include leading experts in the fields of engineering design, productivity enhancement and automation, instrumentation, reverse engineering, and student project support.
3D Scanning and Prototyping
- Digitizing of physical components and spaces through the use of state-of-the-art 3D scanners
- Creation of pre-production prototypes from conceptual designs
- Prototype validation
- Manufacturing process development
Using two different 3D scanning technologies, we can capture real-life objects as digital 3D models. With a surface point accuracy of 50 microns, every subtle detail is captured. 3D scanning has a broad range of applications that includes a having a reference to design around, restoring lost CAD files, manufacturing verification and quality control.
Camosun uses two rapid prototyping technologies, each the premiere technology from the world's largest 3D printer firms. The SLA machine simulates the material properties of many plastics, with a super fine layer resolution and surface finish. The FDM machine builds parts by depositing a bead of high-strength plastic at the finest resolution possible for the technology.
- Current state assessments of existing production lines and processes
- Simulation of manufacturing work environments
- Proposal for improving throughput and productivity while minimizing waste
- Evaluation of technological tools to assist with improving productivity
Productivity enhancements start with an evaluation of your current activities, looking for simple means to improve work-flow and worker comfort. In many cases, automation will be identified as a tool to provide accuracy and reduce fatigue. In some cases, robotics will be the automation tool of choice to provide high impact for a fairly low cost.
We can model your industrial process, develop the tooling requirements, and help you implement solutions that will cut cost and increase production.
Common applications include: automating packaging operations, feeding raw materials, product sorting, and more. We'll also work with you to develop custom tailored automation to increase your productivity to unrecognizable levels.
Composite Tools/Parts Manufacturing
- Design and manufacturing of composite tooling (fibreglass and carbon fibre reinforced plastics)
- Manufacturing of composite parts
Technology & Human Performance
- Design and manufacturing of custom equipment for people with physical disabilities
- Development of studies to assess human performance
- Adaptation of technological tools to improve human performance in the work environment
Training Content Development
- Development of digital training material
- Creation of immersive training environments through the use of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) tools
CTAC has a suite of digitizing and advanced manufacturing equipment.
- Viper Si2 SLA Rapid prototyping machine with a 10”x10”x10” build envelope
- Fortus 400MC FDM Rapid prototyping machine with a 14”x14”x14” build envelope
- Materials: ABS, PC, Nylon, Ultem 9085
- MarkForged Mark Two Printer
- Dual material capabilities: Nylon & Carbon, Nylon and Fibreglass
- Large envelope CMS 5-axis CNC machine for composite tooling manufacturing
- Matsuura MX-520 5-axis CNC machining Centre
- Omax 60120 5-axis waterjet cutter
- Static structured light scanner
- LMI 3D HDI Advance
- LMI 3D HDI 109
- LMI 3D HDI 120
- Creaform scanners
- GoScan 20
- GoScan 50
- Handyscan 700
- FARO scanner
- Focus3D x330
- ABB IRB 140 welding robot with Fronius cold metal transfer (CMT) welder
- ABB IRB 120 robot with Cognex vision system
- Universal Robot UR10 arm
- Manual Fronius CMT Aluminum Welder
- Condor VC Weiler High Precision Toolroom Lathe
- TROTEC SP1500 – 200W CO2 Laser Cutter
- MVP Tooling Compound Applicator for Composites
- Infrared camera
- 4 kN Tensile tester