United Way Campaign 2017 - United. We do more.
October to December 2017
Camosun is proud to partner with the United Way of Greater Victoria to raise funds in benefit of our community. "United, we do more" to raise awareness and funds for those in need!
This year’s campaign theme is ‘United. We do More’’. Our goal is to raise $75,000 and increase the participation rate to 15%. The money we raise together will support over 100 local agencies to help over 111,000 people in our community. Last year, Camosun raised over $71,000 for United Way through payroll giving and events. We were awarded both the United Way, “Spirit award,” and “Post-Secondary Challenge cup” for our outstanding campaign. With your help we can reach our 2017 goals and help even more people in Greater Victoria.
For more information on the United Way and the work they do in our community, visit their website
How To Contribute to Camosun's United Way Campaign
Option 1: Online Payroll Giving
Payroll giving is the fast and easy! It starts January 2018 and is continuous each payday. You can login anytime to modify or cancel your donation. If you are a term or temporary employee, deductions occur only when you are working.
- Create an account
- Choose amount to give each payday (or one-time donation)
- Choose specific priorities for your donation (optional)
Option 2: Paper Pledge Card
If you would like to fill in a paper pledge card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send it for you. Or, pick one up from the bookstore at either campus.
Fundraising Activities of This Year
- United Way Kickoff BBQ Event 11.30-1pm Oct 11 (Lansdowne) and Oct 12 (Interurban) [click for event photos]
- Pancake Breakfasts 8:00 -10:30am Nov 7 (Lansdowne) and Nov 9 (Interurban)
- Book/water sale & donate employee discount Oct 16 to Dec 1 (both campus bookstores)
- Online Silent Auction, Oct 23 to Dec 1
- Ice cream sandwich sale (pre-order online), Oct 31 (Lansdowne)
- 50/50 draws friendly competition between CUPE/CCFA/BCGEU/MANAGEMENT
- Bingo starts the week of Oct 19
What Your Donation Looks Like
Learn more about United Way
- 10 Reasons to Support United Way
- 2016-17 Annual Report
- How Does United Way Fund Its Local Organizations?
For more info contact email@example.com
Dan Luo (250-370-4553)
Al Morrison, Alanna Baird, Angela Yu, Anita Ferriss, Carly Hall, Dan Hodgson, Debbie Henson, Doug McCurdy, , Jeff Wiggins Keith Todd, ,Michael Turcotte, Naji Yazdi, Nancy Sly, Nik Hill, Pamela Vivian, Peimei Chia Sonja Kennedy, Susanne Yakimovich, Tersia Fagan, Hazel Braithwaite (United Way Rep)
Last updated: October 18, 2017 12:19 pm