Career Development Seminar Series - LinkedIn
- Lansdowne Dental Building - Rm 015
- Start date:
- Tuesday, November 1 • 12:00 pm
- End date:
- Tuesday, November 1 • 12:55 pm
Career Development Seminar on LinkedIn
Presenter: Robyn Quinn, Marketing and Media, Big Bang Communications
Robyn Quinn is a dynamic corporate communications professional with more than 20 years experience in sectors that include military, technology, government, not-for-profit, association, higher education, infrastructure and transportation sectors. She currently teaches media relations, content strategy and writing and is a frequent speaker on digital communications and social media for Chambers, associations, universities and business groups.
How to Use LinkedIn to Build Your Network, Strategically Build Relationships & Connect with Opportunity
LinkedIn is the top professional social network with over 450 million members, and 12 million+ Canadian members – approximately 35% of the online population in Canada. Hopefully by now you know about LinkedIn, and the potential it has to help you connect with professional opportunity in today’s digitally connected world. So you set up a LinkedIn profile, and you have added some connections, but now what!?? Are you struggling with how to effectively use this tool for business? How do you manage the time you spend to strategically build relationships that will help get you closer to meeting your professional goals?
At this session you will learn:
- Tips for building your network on LinkedIn – Should you add as many connections as possible? Or should you go for a smaller quality network?
- How to find people on LinkedIn & how to look for opportunities to get their attention
- How to build relationships by sending effective private messages (one of the best LinkedIn tactics that hardly anyone uses)
- How to stay top of mind, while building your credibility on LinkedIn
- How to effectively manage the time you spend on LinkedIn
Camosun Students, Alumni and Employees welcome!
Last updated: February 26, 2016 5:19 pm