International Women's Day Panel: #ChooseToChallenge
- Both campuses Online
- Start date:
- Monday, March 8, 2021 • 3:00 pm
- End date:
- Monday, March 8, 2021 • 3:45 pm
Come celebrate International Women's Day with us! Let's celebrate these trendsetting women as they strive to create, support and advance careers for women in non-traditional roles. From the belly of Victoria Shipyards to the top of Richmond Hill, these employment-equity champions get into the nitty gritty of their successes and challenges.
We can all choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality. We can all choose to seek out and celebrate women's achievements. Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world.
- Chrissy Benz, UBC Alumni Relations, Athletics and Recreation, Vancouver Basketball Foundation
- Sia Agarwal, Sr. Project Management Analyst at Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation
- Rebecca Kennedy, Steel Development crew, Seaspan's Victoria Shipyards
- Dr. Katherina Tarnai-Lokhorst, P.Eng., FEC, FGC(hon), Faculty, Engineering, Project Management at Camosun College and for the University of British Columbia
- Heather Christie, Director of Surface Vessels, Seaspan, founding member of the Women of Seaspan
- Hon. Laurel Collins, Member of Parliament for Victoria, BC, Government of Canada
From challenge comes change, so let's all #ChooseToChallenge.
Last updated: August 25, 2020 2:40 pm