Update: May 21, 2020
Course completion over the summer
A limited number of students are being permitted to come on campus for face-to-face instruction so they can complete program requirements that were halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These are primarily students who were unable to complete their winter courses.
Note: No programs will return to campus without the support of their Dean and the express written approval of the Vice President Education. Students who come on campus to complete courses are expected to leave immediately afterwards.
WorkSafe BC, Provincial Health Officer and B.C. government guidelines to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure will be followed. Students with questions about their course should speak with their instructor, while instructors should speak with their chairs or deans.
On campus services over the summer
At this time, there are no plans to resume on-campus or face-to-face services over the summer months. Student services continue to be available through remote delivery:
- All Camosun recreation centres are closed with programs and services available online.
- The bookstores are closed with orders being taken online.
- Cafeterias are closed.
- The library buildings are closed with services available online.
- Computer labs are physically closed with remote access only.
- At this time, child care services are closed. The college continues remains in contact with parents as things change.
- Counselling, academic advising and other student supports are available by phone or online.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):