Update: March 5, 2020
Camosun College continues to follow the advice of the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Public Health Agency of Canada regarding COVID-19. At this point in time, the college has no COVID-19 cases presumed or confirmed.
Camosun has sent a letter to all students about international travel and the potential need for self-isolation. International students preparing to start programs in May are encouraged to arrive two week ahead of classes.
The college has cancelled all international field schools until further notice.
Anyone concerned that they may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, should contact their primary care provider, local public health office, or call 8-1-1.
Links to more information:
- For the latest B.C. information visit the BC Centre for Disease Control website.
- For the latest Canadian updates, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.
- Government of Canada travel advisories and travel health notices.
- The latest global counts are available on the World Health Organization map.
- Camosun College FAQS on COVID-19.
- Recommendations to the post-secondary sector from the Provincial Health Officer.
- A WHO guide to preventing and addressing social stigma.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):