Update: March 17, 2020
What's Happening on Campus
Camosun continues to move to alternative delivery of courses and assessments. With hundreds of courses, the transition will be different for each class, but social distancing and reducing contact on campus as much as possible is safest for everyone.
The college recognizes that it is a challenging time for students, instructors and staff.
The Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning has updated the supports and guidance for remote instruction.
Campus Services Update
- By the Books Café is closed in response to reduced demand.
- reCharge is closed in response to reduced demand.
- Busy Beans is closed in response to reduced demand.
- Interurban Cafeteria is closed due to Culinary Arts programs moving online.
- Camosun’s Fitness Centres at Interurban and Lansdowne are closing today.
- PISE Fitness Centre & Gym is closed until March 27.
- The public dental clinic and dentist’s office at Lansdowne are closed.
- Dunlop House is closed due to student programming moving online.
- Classroom Restaurant is closed due to student programming moving online.
Adjusted services or hours:
- Libraries at Interurban & Lansdowne are open with limited in-person services. Study rooms, in-person research help and lending of equipment and kits are not available. Library hours are currently 8am until 6pm. Latest updates are here.
- Bookstores at both campuses are open from 8am to 4pm.
- Aramark Urban Diner at Interurban and the main Cafeteria at Lansdowne are open 8 am to 2 pm.
- Massage Therapy Clinic at Interurban is cancelled for the semester as with all practical components of student-learning on campus.
- Athletic and Exercise Therapy Clinic, Interurban - has moved to reduced hours from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, for the remainder of the week with staff providing client services.
- Child Care Services are open.
- Camosun Express is running on its regular schedule.
In response to the direction of the Provincial Health Officer, the college has cancelled any indoor or outdoor college gatherings larger than 50 people. This also applies to third-party events on college property.
As a reminder, the COVID-19 Response Coordination Team has made the decision not to hold any college events that involve members of the public. This includes job fairs, info sessions and award ceremonies. The decision takes effect immediately and will be in place until after the Easter long weekend (April 13). The date is subject to further review.
Employees with questions about specific events should contact their Dean or Director directly.
Situation is Continually Changing
We know that these new instruction and support service measures require adjustments for students, staff, deans, chairs and instructors. Thank you to everyone in our college community for your ongoing cooperation, flexibility and understanding. We can get through this by working together. Our focus remains on the health and safety of our community and ensuring our students succeed.
Please keep watching the Camosun website for the most current information and FAQs for students, employees and campus visitors: camosun.ca/covid19
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):