August 19, 2020
Welcome to Fall 2020 at Camosun
Welcome to Camosun College this fall! Whether you are a new or returning student, we’re excited you’re here.
In order to provide you with the best possible educational experience and to maintain the health and safety of our college community, we ask all students to please follow these important campus safety standards:
- Attend the physical campus only for classes. Non-classroom activity is restricted to the Lansdowne Library and by appointment only.
- Complete the Student Health and Safety Screening prior to attending campus. Students are asked to self-assess for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending campus and must not attend campus if they are experiencing any related symptoms. Students can refer to the Directive D-1.2: Absences from Campus due to COVID-19 for more information.
- Adhere to all physical distancing, signage and traffic flows while on campus.
Want to connect with other students?
All students are encouraged to utilize the college’s many online platforms to arrange study groups, join a campus club or arrange to meet with fellow students off campus.
Need access to technology or other learning materials?
Camosun’s Library has textbooks, laptops and WIFI devices for loan: camosun.ca/library
Need help with online learning?
Get technology support and help with online learning: camosun.ca/online-learning
COVID-19 Safety Training & Screening for students
It is important to Camosun College that all students, staff and faculty stay health and safe during this challenging time. Maintaining a safe learning environment and reducing the spread of COVID-19 is both an individual and a shared responsibility.
All students who are enrolled in a course with any on-campus or face-to-face component must complete the COVID-19 Safety Training and Initial Symptoms Self-Assessment before attending campus. There are knowledge testing questions throughout the training to support learning. Once you complete the training and final declaration form, you will receive a certificate by email to save for your records.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):