April 20, 2020 - 10:00am
A message to all New & Returning Camosun College Students
BC Transit suspends U-PASS program
- Michel Turcotte, Camosun College Student Society
- Heather Cummings, Vice President, Student Experience
Camosun College has been informed that BC Transit is suspending their U-PASS programs across the province effective May 1, 2020 until August 31, 2020. The suspension is due to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent removal of the requirement of onboard fare payment.
As a result, Camosun College will no longer be able to administer the mandatory program for the summer semester including the non-enrolled U-PASS program.
The student U-PASS program is a monthly local transit pass created in partnership with BC Transit and the Camosun College Student Society (CCSS). Students pay for the U-PASS through their student fees each year, which are collected and facilitated by the college.
New and returning students
New students and those returning to classes for the summer semester will not be charged the monthly U-PASS fee.
If you’ve already paid for your summer U-PASS
Camosun students who have already paid for their summer semester U-PASS will have their fees credited to their student account. Please watch for more details from the Registrar’s Office.
For information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Safety Plan
The most current copy of the college’s COVID-19 Safety Plan is available here.
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- World Health Organization
- Travel & Tourism Canada
- COVID-19 Stigma Guide
- Ministry of Health BC COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool
- How COVID-19 is affecting IRCC
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc):