West coast living and learning
Camosun College is one of Canada's premiere colleges. We're part of Vancouver Island, and like you, we really get west coast living and learning.
Smaller package, bigger business
Camosun College is like a small town on Vancouver Island: 1,000 faculty and staff serve more than 10,000 full-time students in 50 buildings across 250 acres.
But the college is the kind of small town with a big city impact: the local economy receives roughly $61.0 million in regional income annually due to Camosun operations and capital spending, plus another $7.7 million generated by out-of-region students attending the college. Altogether, the local economy annually receives roughly $816.6 million in income due to the past and present efforts of Camosun.
Our core business, naturally, is producing quality graduates. More than 2,500 each year from over 168 programs. Most of them (over 90%) stay in the region.
Your core business is our core business
If you run a business on Vancouver Island, you hire our graduates. You sell to them, buy from them, hire them (and sooner or later, work for them!).
How can we work together?
Community is the backbone of this community college, and we want to make sure that we support and grow our community.
- Applied research – local solutions to real business challenges
- Contract training – customized education to make your team the best it can be
- COOP & Student Employment– work with tomorrow's captains of industry today
- Facility rentals – from weddings to blockbuster movie shoots
- Foundation – supporting students in need, and building our future together
- Manufacturing/Prototyping – world class gear, here on Vancouver Island
- Sport Innovation (SPIN) – high tech athletes turning the wheels of innovation
We're interested in how we can more closely align our core business with yours. Let's start the conversation…
Vice-President, Strategic Development
3100 Foul Bay Road
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8P 5J2
Last updated: December 4, 2014 1:36 pm