Students, employees and guests of Camosun College require a proper parking pass/meter ticket to park in any Camosun College parking lot or they may be subject to a violation.
Students and guests of Camosun College require a valid ticket purchased from meters. Tickets are only valid in general parking lots and for the allotted time indicated on the ticket. General parking is available at Lansdowne in Lot 6 and 7 and at Interurban in lots 2,3,5,8 and 9. Parking Rates
Full-time employees can obtain a parking pass charged as a taxable benefit. Employee parking is available at Lansdowne in Lot 1, 2, 5, 8 and general lots 6 and 7. Parking for employees at Interurban is available in lot 4 and specific spots in lots 2, 5, 7, 9 and general lots 3 and 8.
Anyone parking in Camosun parking lots requires an approved parking pass/permit properly displayed in the car windshield. Failure to display a valid parking pass/permit will be subject to immediate tow away or ticketing.
The following are subject to immediate tow away:
- displaying a fraudulent or stolen parking permit or meter ticket
- parking in a fire lane or along a yellow or red curb
- unauthorized parking in a Loading Zone
- parking in a manner that obstructs other vehicles
- parking overnight
- vehicles showing excessive parking violations at Camosun campuses
A violation notice will be issued for the following:
- parking in an Employee lot without the appropriate permit
- parking in the spaces for Persons with Disabilities without a SPARC decal (spaces are reserved 24 hours)
- parking in a designated service vehicle space
- parking in any area not designated for said purpose
- failure to display a valid permit, or meter ticket
- parking in a Carpool Zone without a valid Carpool decal
Parking violation appeals
If you have received a parking violation that you feel is not fair or correct, there are a few steps that are available to help make that determination and resolve the matter.
You don't have to file an appeal to be heard
Very often a person who gets a ticket does not want to file an appeal, but wants to make their concerns known. You can submit a message to Ancillary Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, where a member of the College will be actively receiving and replying to messages.
Step-by-step appeal process
Step 1: Robbins Parking
Parking Violations are handled by Robbins Parking. Once a violation is issued at either Camosun campus, the customer must contact Robins parking office to dispute. You can contact Robbins in person, by phone or through their website.
All violations issued on Campus are $45 but are reduced to $22.50 if paid within 7 days. All parking disputes must also be appealed to Robbins parking within 7 days of receiving the notification.
If a customer is disputing a violation in person, it is requested that they complete a dispute form and a member of the Disputes Department will get back to them once the situation has been reviewed. Responses are given within 3 business days.
Step 2: Camosun College
If the ticketed individual is unsatisfied with the results of Robbins Parking Appeal Process, there is an option for a last resort appeal process though Camosun College. This can only be executed if the individual has fully gone though Robbins Parking Process and it must be completed within 5 days of receiving a Robbins Parking Appeal decision.
The steps for this process are as follows:
- Print out and fully complete Camosun College Parking Appeal Form
- Submit the Appeal form to Camosun College Parking Appeal Committee via Ancillary Services
- In person or by mail: Rm. 303 Campus Centre, 4461 Interurban Rd, V9E 2C1
- By fax: 250–370–4546
- The Appeal Committee will get back to the individual within 30 days with either a decision or with a timeline for a decision
Parking Appeal Committee
The parking appeal committee is formed annually in September and is comprised of three students and three staff/faculty members. Please send an email if you're interested in participating on the parking appeal committee.