Whether carpooling with another student or staff member, using Camosun's new Zipcar car-share service, or using the electric vehicle charging at Interurban campus, you can drive to campus in a more sustainable manner.
Electric Vehicle (EV) charging at Camosun
All campus charging stations are Level 2. Instructions on charging your Electric Vehicle PDF
There are three EV charging stations at the Lansdowne campus, all located in lot P2, north of Wilna Thomas.
There are seven EV charging stations at the Interurban campus:
- One stall located in lot P2, behind the Jack White building
- Four stalls located in P9, east of the CTEI building
- Two stalls in the small CTEI lot, on the east side of the CTEI building
EV parking rules
- Vehicles must have a valid permit. Pay for parking via Honk Mobile or at the meters. Please respect parking rules and regulations.
- Parking spaces with active EV stations are reserved for Electric Vehicle(s) charging only.
- Parking/charging time is limited to a 3 hours.
- All active EV charging stalls are available for students, employees, and guests regardless of parking lot.
EV charging in the Capital Regional District (CRD)
Camosun’s Sustainability Goals and EV in British Columbia
Did you know that transportation is the greatest source of GHG emissions in the region, responsible for 57% of the total climate impact?
Electric vehicle charging supports a growing demand for zero emissions vehicles, reduced emissions and Camosun’s sustainability goals. Dramatic reductions in greenhouse gas emissions is critical to taking action on climate. The Province of British Columbia’s CleanBC Plan has a priority to make “Transportation Cleaner,” including supporting electric vehicle use and adoption across the province.
To support the shift to an electric vehicle future, Camosun has provided EV stations at both campuses; supporting Camosun Sustainability Goals and aligning with Provincial priorities.
Save money on gas, share the cost of parking, and score priority parking in designated carpool spots. Here's how:
- Find a Carpool Buddy.
- Fill out the Carpool Registration Form PDF - Please note that the first information block on the registration form is for Permit Holders, who will be the individual responsible for the associated group’s carpool permit. Permit Holders will be the carpooling group’s point of contact with the office of Transportation & Parking.
- Bring carpool registration, Camosun ID, and license plate number to the Campus Cashier.
- Obtain the carpool permit and display clearly in vehicle while parking at Camosun.
- Enjoy the prime parking spaces, save money by sharing costs, and reduce your carbon footprint.
Note Obtaining a carpool permit does not guarantee a space will be available. If no spaces are available, please use general parking.
Eligibility for Camosun's Carpool Program is met by any vehicle containing two or more registered persons (including the driver) arriving in the same registered carpool vehicle, where the occupants would normally be driving and parking as individuals. The vehicle and all occupants must be currently registered in the Carpool program PDF.
Vehicles displaying a carpool permit are exclusively permitted to park in the signed prime carpool spots at both campuses—Lot 6 at Lansdowne and Lot 5 and 9 at Interurban. These spots are reserved for registered carpool permit holders until 9am. If designated spots are full, carpool vehicles may park anywhere in the General Lots.
The cost of the meter ticket is the same to park in these prime spots, but it can be shared among vehicle occupants. To register, simply show College Cashiers (Dawson Building at Lansdowne, Campus Centre at Interurban) a valid Camosun ID for all occupants and license plate numbers for all vehicles participating.