Why is Camosun providing this shuttle service?
The shuttle is a much-needed addition to current travel options, as indicated by data from our 2011 Getting Here survey: 15% of students, 56% of staff and administrators, and 34% of faculty have a need for intercampus travel.
The Camosun Express serves as a solution to the travel needs of this sizable group.
One of the pillars of Camosun's strategic plan is sustainable results. This shuttle will help address overall Camosun environmental goals:
- The Camosun Express will help reduce carbon gas emissions by reducing single occupancy vehicle (SOV) intercampus travel. Data from the 2011 Getting Here survey indicates that of those who travel between campuses, 65% do so alone.
- The Camosun Express will reduce parking congestion, particularly at Interurban where parking is limited.
- Camosun College rolls out free shuttle bus • Victoria News
- Interview with Kathryn Le Gros, Director of Ancillary Services • CBC On the Island MP3
- Camosun College fires up shuttle bus • Times Colonist
- Camosun College spearheads express shuttle bus between campuses and into West Shore • Nexus