Trades Education & Innovation Complex
Camosun's new Centre for Trades Education and Innovation building at Interurban campus is complete and programs have moved in. Work is continuing on the next phase of the project – renewal of the Jack White and John Drysdale buildings.
The new complex has been built to LEED Gold environmental standards and includes:
- A new Marine and Metal Trades Centre - Welding, Sheet Metal, Metal Fabrication, Ship Building and Repair programs – CTEI East wing – completed.
- A new Nautical facility with state-of-the-art simulation lab – CTEI West wing – completed.
- A new Mechanical Trades Centre - Heavy Mechanical Trades & Automotive Service Technician programs – CTEI West wing – completed.
- Creation of the Camosun College Technology Access Centre (CTAC), in the Jack White Building. – completed.
- A revitalized Sustainable Construction and Renewable Energy Trades Centre in the John Drysdale and Jack White Trades Buildings. Electrical, Fine Furniture/Joinery, the Heavy Mechanical Apprentice Shop will join CTAC in the Jack White Building. Carpentry and Plumbing and Pipe Trades will each receive upgrades and expansion of their spaces in the John Drysdale Building, to modernize their spaces and to better accommodate future Renewable Energy programs.
- A new central student commons facility to serve the combined trades centres
- Expanded and reconfigured trades yard space, outdoor storage and construction project areas with improved accessibility.
- Critical upgrades to electrical service for existing trades buildings – completed.
- August 2016
Camosun and Kinder Morgan Canada support Coastal Skills Initiative
- April 2016
Camosun Trademark Co-Chairs receive Victoria Chamber's prestigious lifetime achievement award
- February 2016
Camosun’s new Trades education facility officially opens
- July 2015
Trades Blast on Shaw TV
- May 2015
Camosun's TRADEmark of Excellence Campaign reaches $1.5 million milestone
- October 2014
Camosun Foundation launches campaign to raise $5 million for trades training
- March 2014
Camosun breaks ground on new trades complex
Trades Centre Drawings & Plans
- February 2014
Trades Centre Update: Electrical Upgrades Update
- January 2014
Camosun's new trades facility approved by Saanich
- June 2013
Centre for Trades Education & Innovation Update
- March 2013
Camosun's new trades facility helps meet future skills gap
- February 2013
Tillicum Lodge demolition paves the way for new Trades centre
- January 2013
Federal government, industry invests in trades and applied research at Camosun
- September 2012
Camosun receives $29 million from province to enhance trades facilities
- May 2012
Camosun gets provincial go-ahead to proposed renewed trades facilities
- March 2014
- Construction Contractor selected
Official Ground-breaking Ceremony
- Fall 2015
- Construction almost complete on new Centre
- Oct-Dec 2016
- Moving in to the new Centre
- February 2016
- Classes start in the new Centre
- Spring 2016
- Renovations/upgrades underway on current Trades buildings
CitySpaces Consulting Ltd.
B+H Architects Inc.
Last updated: April 16, 2019 12:39 pm