This area shares the depth of expertise and collaboration present at the college. As we continue to work with departments and faculty on initiatives, projects and events to share and develop our teaching practices, we gather information and resources that reflect our college as a community of practice.
The Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) has resource libraries, located in the Library and Learning Commons at both campuses.
- Access our Teaching Resources Libguide
- To browse or search our book collection
- You can browse subscription newsletters and journals
- Our collection also holds some webinars and recordings
Many of our online resources are password-protected. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for authentication codes before browsing.
Student Mental Health and Well-being
Camosun’s Student Mental Health and Well-being Strategy was developed to advance the recognition of the importance mental well-being plays in our students’ college experience. The website includes resources for faculty, such as documents on well-being strategies for the classroom and activity suggestions.
You can also register for Healthy Minds training, an educational series that provides an introduction to mental health literacy. Sign in required to access Intranet content.
For more information contact Evan Hilchey, Director of Student Affairs at email@example.com.
Instructional Skills Workshop
The 3½ day Instructional Skills Workshop (ISW) is offered in May, August and December.
Working in a fun, safe environment with colleagues from across the college, the ISW is a peer-based workshop designed to improve teaching practice. It also gives participants credit towards ID 3220 (Delivery of Instruction), one of the courses of the Provincial Instructor Diploma Program. It is an excellent professional development opportunity for Camosun faculty.
West Coast Great Teachers Seminar
Learn about and reflect on the teaching challenges faced by educators in post-secondary institutions in this four-day, intensive seminar.
Hosted by Camosun College, this event usually occurs in May, every second year, at the Honeymoon Bay Lodge & Retreat Centre which is located near Lake Cowichan, BC.
We learn from innovative and reflective teaching practices when they are shared by teachers, facilitators and educational leaders.
- Active Learning Cards: This is the first set of cards in the Teaching Techniques and Tips series available to teaching faculty. Faculty may print copies for their personal use.
- Six on 6: A collection of videos from experienced Camosun instructors on a variety of topics. Come visit CETL at either campus to borrow a DVD of the collection.
- IDEA is a website dedicated to the improvement of learning in higher education through research and faculty development. Check out the free downloadable articles on a wide range of topics.
We ask that you please reference and cite the above materials when you use them in your teaching practice. If you have any tips, strategies or approaches you're willing to share, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.