Along with the Board of Governors and Education Council, the President and the college executive team work to lead the Camosun community to make it an institution of life-changing learning.
Board of Governors
Camosun College is a public post-secondary institution. The Board of Governors administers the college on behalf of the government of BC and the Ministry of Advanced Education, as legislated by the College and Institute Act.
The Education Council is a legislated body established under the College and Institute Act. The mandate of the council is to ensure that Camosun students are provided with quality educational experiences, and that Camosun graduates are recognized for their contemporary and relevant educational backgrounds. This mandate is enacted through two key responsibilities: establishing educational standards and advising the Board on educational policy.
Executive Assistant: Rosemary Smedley
The President leads the Executive Team, which consists of:
College Executive Team
Barbara J. (Barb) Severyn
Executive Director, Human Resources
Executive Assistant: Erynn Sheardown
- People Plan
- Human Resources
- Employee Health, Wellness and Orientation
- Labour Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Organizational and People Development
Executive Director, Communications & Marketing
- Strategic communications planning and insight
- Media relations and liaison
- Government relations and protocol
- Internal and external communications management, including web content oversight
- Special event planning and co-ordination, including college graduation ceremonies