Elections for positions on both Camosun's Board of Govenors and Education Council (EdCo) are managed through the Registrar's Office.
The Spring 2018 Education Council and Board of Govenors elections are complete!
The nomination period ran from March 12 to March 21 (noon), and election voting took place April 9-11, with the following results:
Serving on Camosun's Board of Governors is an opportunity to gain leadership experience and influence the future of the college through the policies and committees that guide us.
2018 Board of Governors Election Results
- Students: There were two (2) open seats. Dylan Bystedt, Robert Smythe and Gultash Singh Waraich stood for election. Rob Smythe and Gultash Singh Waraich have won the positions
- Faculty: There are no vacant seats.
- Staff: There are no vacant seats.
If you have an interest in educational policy, standards, and curriculum, Camosun's Education Council is a great way to make a difference.
Nominations wll open in March 2018.
2018 Education Council Election Results
- Students: There were four (4) open seats. Two nominations were received. Wesley Paterson and Maia Sampson are acclaimed. Two seats remain vacant.
- Faculty: There were two (2) open seats. Two nominations were received. Ryan Russell and Jamie McPherson are acclaimed.
- Staff: There are no vacant seats for support staff.
As an elected member of the council you will first and foremost represent the college and its learners; however you will bring a unique experience from your area of work or study to ensure we have strong diversity of ideas and opinions. Council members will normally be expected to:
- Carry out the responsibilities as mandated under the College and Institute Act
- Verify that the College curricula has met College Standards to ensure academic excellence
- Actively engage, debate, and be informed of the business brought before Education Council
- Volunteer to serve on Sub-Committees and Ad-Hoc Committees when requested.
- Attend all meetings and retreats on a regular basis, and when attendance is not possible inform the Permanent Secretary.
Students, staff, and faculty are elected to the council. Election of Education Council normally occurs at the end of March, beginning of April, annually. Bi-elections for vacant seats are held in late fall or during the normal election period. The election schedule for a particular year is prepared by the Registrar or designate and is sent to each constituent group prior to the election period. A notice is also posted on CamNews.
Administration are appointed to the council by the President.
"Being a member of EdCo gave me the opportunity to really understand the full scope of what all we do here at the College – it took me out of my own discipline and School and let me learn about other amazing things that we can learn and teach."