Education Council has three sub-committees that assist the council in decision making by bring recommendations forward. These sub-committees are long-standing and cyclical in nature.
The Awards Committee is a sub-committee of Education Council. The committee administers college-wide awards open to faculty, staff, or students of Camosun College. The awards administered by the committee are those which are established and recognized and have defined criteria for eligibility.
The Awards Committee generally meets two or three times a year in order to select recipients for the awards. The recommendations are forwarded to Education Council for approval.
For more information on the awards and tips for completing applications, nomination forms and reference letters.
- TBD, Chair
- Joanne Cumberland
- Alison Bowe
- Steven Rumpel
- Brent Wasserman
- Michael Borins
- Shelley Butler (Awards Committee Support)
Integrated Curriculum Committee
As a sub-committee of EdCo, the ICC conducts the review of curriculum on behalf of EdCo to:
- Ensure that Institutional policy and standards have been met
- Confirm that implementation and operational considerations have been addressed
- Make recommendations for curriculum approval
- Refer to EDCO issues/matters that indicate a need for an educational standard/policy or require clarity on the application of a policy or standard
The ICC generally meet once a month for a regular 3 hour meeting. Any unfinished business from this meeting is scheduled for a "carry-over" meeting (approx. 3 hours). Meetings are normally held on Mondays and Wednesdays, between 1-4pm, and alternate between campuses as space allows.
Integrated Curriculum Committee members are appointed by the School's Dean.
- Connie Klassen (ICC Chair)
- Heather Del Villano, Access
- Debbie Hlady, Arts and Science
- TBD, Business
- TBD, Sport and Exercise Education
- Cynthia Smith, Health and Human Services
- Tim Ayers, Trades and Technology
- Gillyan Haden, Registrar's Office
- Todd Ormiston, Indigenous Education & Community Connections
- Steven Rumpel, ELT
- Mavis Smith, CETL
- Shelley Butler, Coordinator Education Approvals (Committee Staff Support)
Education Policy and Standards Committee
As a sub-committee of Education Council, the Policy and Standards Committee is responsible for recommendations to Education Council regarding governance and policy issues and coordinates the development of policy briefings and policy drafts for review, discussion and decision of Education Council.
Meetings are generally once a month and alternate between campuses as space allows.
- Steven Rumpel (Chair)
- TBD, Manager Education Policy
- Cynthia Wrate
- Shohreh Hadian
- Corrine Michel
- Alison Bowe
- Diana Shields
- Racheal Grant
- Shelley Butler
The Education Council Executive Committee is a sub-committee of Education Council. It reviews requests for agenda items, sets the monthly meeting agenda and reviews emerging issues related to the mandate of the council. The committee also provides advice and direction to the College Curriculum Committee Chair and/or the Coordinator Education Approvals regarding specific curriculum review and approval issues on request.
The Executive Committee normally meets monthly 1-2 weeks prior to the Education Council meeting.
- Tim Ayers, Education Council Chair
- Alison Bowe, Education Council Vice-Chair
- John Boraas, VP Education
- Scott Harris, Registrar
- Shelley Butler, Permanent Secretary and Coordinator Education Approvals
- Connie Klassen, Intergrated Curriculum Committee Chair
- Steven Rumpel, Director Education Policy and Planning (Special Guest)
Education Council establishes an ad-hoc committee when it feels necessary to assist the council in decision-making. These ad-hoc committees are usually short-term, working, and non-cyclical committees that deal with a specific issue.