Board of Governors
Camosun College is a public post-secondary institution. The Board of Governors administers the college on behalf of the government of BC and the Ministry of Advanced Education, as legislated by the College and Institute Act.
The Board of Governors consists of:
- Eight members appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor in Council
- One member of the faculty elected by the faculty members
- One member of the support staff elected by the support staff
- Two students elected by the students
- The President of Camosun and the Chair of the Education Council are non-voting members of the board
The role of the board is to act on behalf of the public, and oversee the affairs of the institution including property, revenue and expenditures. The board must establish the key policies that guide the activity of the organization, and is responsible for hiring their one employee, the President. The board focuses on policy and strategic leadership rather than administrative detail.
Kyman Chan, Board Chair
Last updated: September 5, 2012 11:02 am