Camosun is full of stories of applied learning: students bringing their education to the community, facilitated by the engaged instructors and staff who work with them.
June 12, 2019 - 9:35 am • Applied Learning • Camosun Staff
Graduating students in Camosun College's Information and Computer Systems Technology program will showcase their final projects at the annual Capstone Symposium on June 17 in downtown Victoria. The capstone projects represent the culmination of two years of intensive study in systems design, programming, and implementation.
March 27, 2019 - 10:47 am • Applied Learning • Camosun Staff
As Camosun’s new Alex & Jo Campbell Centre for Health and Wellness takes shape at Interurban, long-time continuing care and practical nursing instructor Vara Hagreen reflects on the changes in the health field over the past decade and looks ahead to an exciting new chapter of health and human services education at Camosun.
January 25, 2019 - 9:10 am • Applied Learning • Camosun Staff
Stripped bare of its exterior panels to reveal gleaming copper valves, tangled wires and a stainless steel boiler, Camosun Innovates’ vintage espresso machine is the perfect candidate for a future-focussed makeover.
- Camosun alumni shine at Gallery 49 contemporary film photography show
- Camosun hosts prestigious provincial culinary challenge
- Camosun recognizes Houle Electric and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers for donations to new electrical shop
- Camosun Coastal Centre celebrates student success with marine industry training
- Camosun Chargers Make Some Noise for Mental Health
- Camosun leads the way with first student-run food truck in Western Canada
- Electronics & Computer Engineering students apply their tech talent
- Culinary Arts brings street food to Interurban
- Cooking up a career in the culinary arts
- Thursdays at Dunlop House showcase themed pub nights
- Camosun Hospitality students bring fine dining to Our Place
- Interaction Lab 're-awakens spirit of applied learning' throughout Camosun
- Camosun College launches world-class Babcock Canada Interaction Lab
- Camosun's virtual reality lab gives manufacturers interactive design edge
- The sky's the limit: Camosun leads unique pilot safety monitoring project
- Imtehaze Heerah on Camosun's new Interaction Lab: 'The need is there and the resources are here.'
- Camosun automotive program showcases classic cars
- Babcock Canada Interaction Lab takes shape at Interurban
- Sherri Bell highlights "life-changing" partnership with Tanzania's Arusha Technical College
- Planning for new Health building at Interurban focuses on future needs
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Showcase highlights student achievement
- Camosun's Culinary Arts brings the community together
We need your help! Share your applied learning experiences
This site is an evolving resource. If you have any applied learning experiences that would be interesting for other faculty and staff to learn about, please share them! Your participation will make this site a more robust and useful tool for the Camosun community and beyond.