Camosun Alumni enjoy the following benefits and services.
Home and Auto Insurance from TD Insurance
Great news! Now alumni like you can take advantage of preferred insurance rates through the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex program.
Thanks to a new agreement with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex, Camosun College alumni can now get access to preferred insurance rates on auto, home, condo and tenant coverage. TD Insurance is the leading direct response insurance group in Canada†, offering quality insurance products for over 65 years. From getting a quote to filing a claim, their knowledgeable advisors will help you find options that are right for you.
Here are a few ways your savings can add up:
- Having a connected burglar or fire alarm
- Living in a newly built home
- Your home is free of a mortgage or secured line of credit
Plus, the TD Insurance Meloche Monnex Affinity Program helps support alumni activities. A win-win for you and school.
Feel confident your coverage fits your needs. Get a TD Insurance Meloche Monnex quote now or calling 1-800-339-1847. TD Insurance Benefits are also available to all registered Camosun College students.
Enjoy Health & Dental benefits from TD Insurance
Our trusted affinity program partner, TD Insurance (TD Insurance means TD Life Insurance Company), is now offering Health & Dental benefits* for Camosun College alumni. You can choose prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, or a combination of both. Vision and extended health care options (registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, acupuncturists, naturopaths, osteopaths, psychologists, social workers, chiropractors and more, depending on the plan you choose) are also available.
Key features of the Health & Dental plans include:
- Guaranteed acceptance² – No medical questions or exams when you apply for most plans.
- No waiting period – Your coverage starts the first of the month following approval of your application.
- Benefits for life – Once your application is approved you have coverage for as long as you need it (and your payments are made)
- Hassle-free claims – Most prescription drug, dental, vision and extended health care claims can be processed instantly using your benefits card (other claims can be reimbursed quickly with direct deposit to your bank account so no more waiting for a cheque in the mail!).
- Tax advantages – If you’re self-employed or a small business owner, your Health & Dental payments may be a tax-deductible business expense.
- Continued coverage³ – If you’re losing employer group benefits within 90 days you can choose from one of four plans
Take advantage of your Camosun College benefits today! Simply call TD Insurance at 1-866-883-5647 for a quote.
TD Insurance licensed advisors offer professional and personalized insurance advice to help you determine the right coverage for your needs. Plus, the TD Insurance Affinity Program helps support alumni activities.
Feel confident with Health & Dental coverage that could suit your needs. Get a no-obligation quote now by calling 1-866-883-5647.
* Health Assist is an individual insurance plan underwritten by Green Shield Canada (GSC). Not available to residents of the province of Quebec. Some restrictions may apply. See Insurance Policy for coverage details, including limitations and exclusions.
² Acceptance is guaranteed for select plans as long as GSC receives the initial payment; other plans require completion of a health questionnaire and medical underwriting. Any other eligibility requirements? Just easy ones. To be eligible to apply for Health Assist plans, you must be a Canadian resident with valid provincial health insurance coverage.
³ Available on Health Assist LINK plans; to apply you must be under 80 years of age and Green Shield Canada must receive your application within 90 days of your group coverage end date.
*Ranks based on data available from OSFI, Insurers, Insurance Bureau of Canada, and Provincial Regulators, as at December 31, 2017
The Alumni Association is proud to offer a free alumni pin. Please drop by the Alumni Engagement office at Interurban campus and we'll be happy to provide one to you.
Alumni career assistance
Career Services (located at both campuses) are available to alumni, free of charge. If you are switching jobs, looking for work, or need help revising your resume, networking, coaching, or interviewing skills, contact EducationThatWorks@camosun.ca or 250–370–4181.
Alumni have access to the college libraries and can check out books and various reference journals through the Community Borrowers service. Community borrower services are also available at Royal Roads and UVic.
Professional development/Continuing education
Camosun's Continuing Education department offers more than 200 professional development and personal interest classes during the daytime, evening, weekends, and part-time; new classes are added each term. If you're ready to advance your career or just take some fun courses, visit Continuing Education.
Get 20% off your college diploma frame (expiry dates apply) through the college bookstore after you graduate.
Fitness and recreation discounts
Special discounts on fitness and activity classes are available to alumni (upon confirmation of alumni status).