Aboriginal Education & Community Connections
Welcome to our community!
We offer services and programs for Aboriginal students, we support all Indigenous programs and courses at the college, and we help provide linkages between Camosun College, Aboriginal students, and the local First Nations community. Aboriginal staff at Camosun are committed to helping students move forward with their career and personal goals. Read about students' experiences.
Camosun College views any student who is a descendant of the Indigenous peoples of North America to be an Aboriginal student. This includes status and non-status Indians, Métis, Inuit and Native Americans who reside in Canada.
- a warm welcome and a safe cultural environment
- academic and cultural support and financial support services
- programs with Indigenous perspectives, including
- courses that contain significant Indigenous content
- experienced and dedicated Aboriginal instructors and staff
- opportunities for Aboriginal communities to partner with us and develop new programs to suit their unique needs
News & events
Aboriginal Education & Community Connections Pit Cook Demonstration Event
Posted Wed, 23 Oct 2013
10am Start pit cook.
1pm Open pit cook and share the feast.
Teachings form territory Elders, Cheryl Bryce of the Songhees Nation, and Nicole Kilburn fromthe Anthropology department.
Last updated: July 2, 2013 4:35 pm